Editor, Movie Pilot
Creators.co is pop culture's destination for content creation, communication, and collaboration - a melting pot of passionate voices around all things entertainment. As the CMS backbone behind entertainment's largest fan community and movie site — moviepilot.com — creators.co acts as the central content hub for passionate fans. And it's the starting point for new verticals to come!
ABOUT MOVIE PILOT
Movie Pilot is a fan-centric entertainment website for millennials and the world’s largest movie community, connecting millions of fans via shareable content and social media. Movie Pilot offers passionate fans distribution to the millions, giving a voice to pop culture's next wave of influencers and tastemakers.
We're looking for an editor to take a group of pop culture and entertainment writers under his or her wings. This editor will be responsible for managing the output of quality content from a team of fresh-on-the-scene voices, as well as for mentoring them and training them in the skills they need to be successful.
You must be fluent in the language and rhythms of the web, with a deep understanding of what motivates readers to click and share content on social platforms, and an ability to regularly produce this kind of content. SEO knowledge is also a must.
As the first totally fan-centric publisher, we're building something new here, so you need to be ready to take on new challenges and leave behind preconceptions about how things are done.
Most importantly, we're looking for someone who has the heart, patience, and passion to be a mentor on the craft of writing great content for the web to a new generation of passionate entertainment fans who find their voices and build their brands on our platform.
This role can either work out of our Venice, CA office, or remote in the continental U.S.
- Primary point of contact for pitching ideas and assigning stories for a small team of writers
- Edit articles from staff and community writers
- Engage with and provide mentorship, feedback, and advice to staff writers and community writers in chat rooms and Hangouts every day
- Analyze metrics and apply learnings about successful topics, etc. to your content strategy
- Coordinate with social and homepage curators to get distribution for your group's best content
- Bring an SEO and social optimization mindset to all articles coming from the writers you work with
- You have a minimum of 2 years experience as a professional writer or editor on the web
- You have some experience editing the work of others, and know how to follow a style guide
- Deep knowledge of pop culture and entertainment across movies, TV and beyond
- High emotional intelligence and people skills
- Patience and passion for discovering and mentoring new talent from the ground up
- Demonstrated understanding of how to craft content that gains traction on social media
- Knowledge of basic SEO optimization principles for web editorial content
- Familiarity with common web traffic metrics and tools like Google Analytics
- Results-oriented work culture
- 20 days paid vacation
- Full health insurance
- MacBook Air
- Casual dress code