Video Games Writer (Intern), Berlin
Creators.co is pop culture's destination for content creation, communication, and collaboration - a melting pot of passionate voices around all things entertainment. As the CMS backbone behind entertainment's largest fan community and movie site — moviepilot.com — creators.co acts as the central content hub for passionate fans. And it's the starting point for new verticals to come!
ABOUT NOW LOADING
NowLoading.co is our new vertical focusing on video games and players’ experiences within them, always with a fan-centric spin. We’re interested in all sorts of games but we mostly explore titles that appeal to a wide cross-section of game enthusiasts. We feature anything from listicles to tips & tricks to personal essays, always written by authentic fans who can be passionate and articulate about the games they can't put down.
We're looking for a Staff Writer with previous editorial experience and a working knowledge of the video game industry.
Our ideal candidate is an excellent writer with the ability to produce everything from engaging content that’s highly shareable, to thoughtful and original think-pieces. You’ll be responsible for pitching and writing articles about games and the industry that tap into fans’ excitement and incite positive conversation.
You must be fluent in the language and rhythms of the web, with a deep understanding of what motivates readers to click and share content on social platforms and an ability to regularly produce this kind of content. SEO knowledge is also a must - you should understand what gamers are looking for in search engines.
If you have at least one year of experience writing about video games in print or online, we want to hear from you! This is an on-location position.
Please provide 3 links to writing samples in your cover letter.
- Writing engaging, informative, and shareable content about the games you love
- Writing think pieces and in-depth stories that look behind the news
- Writing researched, SEO-savvy evergreen articles and guides
- Writing opinion editorials and essays on gaming culture topics
- Interviewing game developers and personalities at media events and conventions
- Keeping up-to-date with the latest in gaming & pop culture – and helping move the conversation forward
- Creatively contributing to your editorial team. We don’t operate in a bubble, but regularly communicate with one another to generate ideas, hone our skills, and create a sense of community.
- You have experience writing news, features, and/or interview content in a professional capacity
- You have specialist fan knowledge in a specific genre, current-gen platform, or a particular set of games. We want to see that you have expertise that goes beyond what a casual fan would know and see that you can write as an authority in your niche
- You have a passion for gaming and are committed to driving entertaining and informative conversations about video games and interactive media
- Native English speaker
- Able to work within the EU with no restrictions for a minimum of three months
- Work with a highly motivated and skilled team of young top performers
- Paid vacation leave
- As much fresh fruit and Club-Mate as you can consume
- 1500€ a month
- Mario Kart tournaments!