PR & Marketing Advisor, Indie Games (Contract)
Creators Media, Inc. is pop culture's destination for fan content — a melting pot of passionate voices sharing all things entertainment. With an enthusiastic team in Venice, California and Berlin, Germany, our mission is to help fans and creative people find audiences and get their work seen.
Our fan-powered properties include Movie Pilot for movies, TV and entertainment; Now Loading for popular video games; and Champions for mixed martial arts and contact sports. We are in the process of launching Playsource, a new platform for makers and lovers of indie video and board games.
As PR and Marketing advisor, you will have a unique opportunity to help creators of independent video games and tabletop games craft successful marketing and PR strategies. This will come in two forms: direct support to our most important clients, and general service through our live marketing and PR consultation chat room.
You’ll speak with game developers who are creating great commercial works of art, but who may have minimal marketing or PR experience. You’ll answer their questions via email, chat, Twitter, and phone. You’ll help them do everything from defining their narrative, to identifying and reaching new audiences, to crafting PR emails to the press.
We’re ideally looking for someone who is not only a marketing or PR professional, but who has professionally lived and breathed the industry of video games. You need to be able to help these studios succeed based on your own experiences with success and failure in the industry.
This is a remote, contract position.
- A minimum of 1-2 years of experience in marketing or PR in the video game industry, with stories to tell of bringing games to market in either capacity
- Client-facing people skills and a passion for helping others succeed
- Excellent, clean writing skills
- Problem solver with the ability to shift strategies when needed
- Genuine interest in indie games — board, card, tabletop, PC, console or mobile
- Attentive to detail and highly goal-oriented