Community Manager, Indie Games (Contract)
Creators Media, Inc. is pop culture's destination for fan content — a melting pot of passionate voices sharing all things entertainment. With an enthusiastic team in Venice, California and Berlin, Germany, our mission is to help fans and creative people find audiences and get their work seen.Our fan-powered properties include Movie Pilot for movies, TV and entertainment; Now Loading for popular video games; and Champions for mixed martial arts and contact sports. We are in the process of launching Playsource, a new platform for makers and lovers of indie video and board games.
As Community Manager, you will help us build and service our community of video game and tableop game developers and players, representing both our brand and those of the game developers who maintain a presence in our community.
You’ll engage on social media platforms, in chat rooms, and in other places on behalf of both Playsource and its clients. Client support will come in two forms: direct support to our most important clients, and general service through our live marketing and PR consultation chat room.
You’ll speak with game developers who are creating great commercial works of art, but who may have minimal community management experience. You’ll answer their questions via email, chat, Twitter, and phone.
We’re looking for someone who is not only a community management professional, but who has professionally lived and breathed the industry of video games. You need to be able to help these studios succeed based on your own experiences with success and failure in the industry.
Gaming industry experience is mandatory. Experience with co-development, early access, and crowdfunding campaigns is a huge plus.
This is a remote, contract position.
- A minimum of 1-2 years of professional experience doing community management for gaming-related brands
- Client-facing people skills and a passion for helping others succeed
- Excellent, clean writing skills
- Problem solver with the ability to shift strategies when needed
- Genuine interest in indie games — board, card, tabletop, PC, console or mobile
- Experience with crowdfunding campaigns and/or early access community management is a huge plus
- Attentive to detail and highly goal-oriented